Round one of the Tri-Series Interclub between Armidale, Tamworth and Inverell kicks off in just over a week with initial home advantage to Armidale so let’s make sure we show up in record numbers and get the series off to a cracking start.
To comply with Category 4 racing rules (which require both a lead car and a following car) the format will be one single handicap race for all riders. In the case of the Armidale race it is a 30K distance, so 2 laps of Long Swamp.
- Each competing rider will earn 1 point for showing up and racing
- Bonus points are awarded for the top 5 places in each race (7 for 1st place, 6 for 2nd, 5 for 3rd, 4 for 4th and 3 for 5th)
- Entry will be $5 per rider per race
- The individual rider with the most accumulated points at the end of the whole series will be deemed to be the Overall Series Winner
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in the series overall (ie no prizes per race)
- The club with the most accumulated points at the conclusion of the series will win the Interclub Series Trophy
We’ll keep track of the points tally (and post it online after each event) so everyone can see where we’re up to. The locations and dates for the 3 events are Armidale (16th August), Tamworth (23rd August) and Inverell (30th August).
PC is on duty for the home leg but we need 2 volunteers to drive the lead and following vehicles. If you or friends or family can help out then please let us know by commenting on this post.