Please see the following important information ahead of the Senior Club Championships on August 8th 2015. This is the official Cycling NSW Club Championship weekend, deliberately kept free in order to provide the best opportunity for all riders to compete at their club event.
Note in particular the decision recorded at the last ACC club meeting (10th June 2015) that the same bike and equipment must be used for all 3 events and that TT bars will not be permitted. This was agreed in order to provide a more level competition for all riders.
Also, following the postponement of the 2014 event after torrential rain, it has been decided to only reschedule if the entire event was not commenced. This was because in 2014, the rescheduled date fell a long time after the original date, with many of the original riders unable to race in the subsequent event.
Thanks in advance to Bob Murison, Deb McMillan and Ken McDonald who have already volunteered to help out on the day, let’s hope we have great weather and great racing!
- The same bike and equipment must be used for all three events – no TT bars permitted
- There will be no Junior racing on this day
- The event will start at 1pm on the Long Swamp course (Dangarsleigh still out of action due to roadworks)
- A-Grade format will be 10k ITT, 30k road race and a 20 min (plus 3) criterium
- B-Grade format will be 10k ITT, 30k road race and a 15 min (plus 3) criterium
- C-Grade format will be 5k ITT, 15k road race and a 15 min (plus 3) criterium
- All ITT and Road Race events will be held on Long Swamp course, the criterium will be held at the TEC (availability being confirmed)
- Points will be awarded in each event as follows – 1st(10), 2nd(7), 3rd(4), 4th(2), 5th(1)
- Points will be totalled and the rider with the most points wins
- In the event that riders have the same number of points, the fastest ITT time will be used to determine places
- Junior riders may participate in C grade with parental permission and commissaire approval
- Junior Club Championships will be held in November
- In the event of poor weather, a decision will be made by the commissaire on the day to determine if the event will proceed
- If the event is not able to proceed due to poor weather, it will be postponed and rescheduled as soon as possible
- If the event is stopped due to poor weather after at least one of the 3 disciplines has been completed, the event will not be rescheduled