1) We are participating in the Armidale Come and Try Day with cycling being offered to the general public on Saturday 1st November from 2:00pm at the criterium track. Juniors will run as normal on this day – if senior riders can come along to assist and provide support for any new riders that would be much appreciated.
2) The Junior Club Championships will be held on 15th November. On this day, we will hold Senior Racing beforehand at 2:30pm and then the riders can roll down to the criterium track afterwards to watch and support the juniors and have a barbecue and a cold drink or two. Please come along and support our junior riders.
3) The Club Christmas Party will be held on 7th December at the Armidale City Bowling Club at 4pm – all invited for a celebratory wrap up of the year and to recognise achievements of the club and riders.
4) Women’s Road Rides will commence this Sunday (19th October) as a trial – Karlee will lead these rides which depart at 7:30am from Armidale Bicycle Centre on Beardy St.
5) Mark Bullen has offered to provide advice on training, diet and bike setup. Armidale Bicycle Centre now has sophisticated bike setup and fit equipment which can be used to perfect your position on the bike too. Drop in to chat with Mark and find out more.
6) If you hold a bank account with NewEngland Mutual then you can held Armidale Cycling Club by converting your S1 account to a Community Partnership Account and 1% of your average monthly balance will be donated to the club automatically. Just drop into any branch of New England Mutual to set this up and ask for Armidale Cycling Club to be the recipient.