Following agreement last year to switch the 2016 Club Championship to a single graded road race event, it was decided to run separate criterium and time trial championships for those club members who wish to participate in these specific disciplines. Given that we are now well and truly in the middle of criterium season, what better time than now to launch the inaugural Armidale Cycling Club Criterium Champsionships!
For this first trial year the event will be held over 3 rounds and will use a points system to determine the overall winners in two grades, A and B.
- Races to be held at the TEC at 4:30pm on 30th Jan, 6th Feb and 20th Feb
- Riders can compete in any number of rounds
- The rider with the most accumulated points on 20th February becomes Club Criterium Champion
- The Club Handicapper will provide rider grading prior to the start of the championship
- Races will be graded A and B with riders having to remain in the same grade for each round
- A-Grade 35 minutes plus 3 laps per round
- B-Grade 25 minutes plus 3 laps per round
- In the event of bad weather the round will be cancelled (not postponed) and no points awarded
- Entry fee each round is the usual $3 per rider
- This competition is open to licenced Armidale Cycling Club members only
- Points awarded as follows – 1st (7pts), 2nd (5pts), 3rd (3pts), 4th (2pts), 5th (1pt)
- 1 additional point awarded for every rider competing per round