The NSW Masters Road and Criterium Championships will be held in Port Macquarie on the weekend of 17-18 May. This info comes from Port Macquarie Cycle Club who will be hosting the event:
2008 PEAK COFFEE NSW MASTERS ROAD & CRITERIUM CHAMPIONSHIPS
17TH & 18TH MAY 2008 in PORT MACQUARIE
With only five weeks to go, organisation is in full swing for the Peak Coffee NSW Masters Championships, with record numbers of riders expected to compete. The change in date from the October Long Weekend to the third weekend in May is a popular decision, meaning cheaper accommodation and less holiday traffic.
Following the success of last year’s Championships, the Port Macquarie Cycle Club has listened to the feedback and fine tuned a few details and are set for an even more successful event.
Changes to last year’s competition include:
- Distances will be slightly shorter for MAS1-5, with no extra half lap being tacked onto the end.
- Distance for Masters 8+ will be one lap longer giving them 44km.
- The Road Race will finish on the road adjacent to the Criterium Track (not on the Criterium Track) . Riders will then be directed immediately onto The Crit Track to warm down and claim their places.
- Feed Station for MAS1-3 (and other divisions if weather is hot)
- Great Food and the best Peak Coffee will be on site.
- Great prize money -$6,000!! KOM Jerseys + Championship medals.
- The presentation dinner (included in the cost of the Road Race entry) will be held at a different venue, the Westport Bowling Club, Buller St. Family and friends welcome by pre-purchase of ticket ($25per person) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- No late entries will be allowed this year.
For more information and entries check out http://www.portmaccycleclub.com.au/ or phone Annie on 6585-9239 or 0408 859239