Last updated: 2 April 2013
The person rostered on duty each weekend is to act as the race marshal. This means that you don’t ride, and applies both on the road and at the track.
If you are unable to do the job, it is your responsibility to find a replacement.
Responsibilities of the marshal include:
- Confirm the format of the race and the handicap with the handicapper Col Maciver.
- Put out the signs (road).
- Arrange the sign-on, including collecting money and checking licenses (only for riders not on the sign on sheet, visitors for example).
- Start the race, time it where necessary, and record the results.
- Ensure the race is run fairly and safely without interference between riders.
- Be on hand with the first aid kit.
- Take down the signs at the end of the race (when the last rider is home).
Detailed instructions for marshals including a map for road sign locations can be downloaded here: instructions for marshals.
The sign on sheets are available here: sign-on sheet_(17 April 2013).