Round Two of the Tri-Series Interclub between Armidale, Tamworth and Inverell takes place on Saturday following postponement of Round 1 (the Armidale leg) last weekend due to severe weather conditions. Tamworth have confirmed the race will go ahead whatever the weather so let’s get ourselves down to Tamworth in numbers and enjoy a great afternoon of friendly racing.
To comply with Category 4 racing rules (which require both a lead car and a following car) the format will be one single handicap race for all riders. The Tamworth race will start at Loomberah Hall at 2pm (sign on at 1:30pm). Just as a reminder, here are the rules we’d previously stated.
- Each competing rider will earn 1 point for showing up and racing
- Bonus points are awarded for the top 5 places in each race (7 for 1st place, 6 for 2nd, 5 for 3rd, 4 for 4th and 3 for 5th)
- Entry will be $5 per rider per race
- The individual rider with the most accumulated points at the end of the whole series will be deemed to be the Overall Series Winner
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in the series overall (ie no prizes per race)
- The club with the most accumulated points at the conclusion of the series will win the Interclub Series Trophy
The postponed Armidale leg has been rescheduled for Saturday 13th September