The 2008 award presentation ceremony was held on 22 March 2009 at the Armidale Bowling Club.
This year the club introduced a new perpetual tropy for the Senior Club Champion, named the “Jock Bullen Trophy”, in honour of a true legend of cycling.
Jock was on hand to present the trophy to the joint winners of the 2008 Championship series, grandson Mitch Bullen and Geoff Straub, undoubtedly the Club’s two best riders and deserved winners.
The award for the junior club champion went to Cody Burton, and was presented by Phil Wheaton representing one of our valued supporters, the Armidale Bowling Club.
The full list of award winners was:
Club Championship Series
- A grade senior club champions: Mitch Bullen and Geoff Straub
- A grade runner up: Mitch Sozou
- B grade winner: Dave Jenner and Reece OHara
- B grade runner up: Peter Creagan
- C grade winner: Gillian Backhouse
- C grade runner up: Cody Burton and Angus Swan
- Junior club champion: Cody Burton
- Junior: Karlee McMillan
- Senior: Gillian Backhouse
- Junior: Alex Reid
- Senior: Pat Ainsworth
- Ben Castle
Best representative rider
- Mitch Bullen (NSW track representative, winner of the Clarence Street Cyclery Cup)
Best masters rider
- Dave Munday
Fair play sportsmanship award
- Andrew Kirk
Club person of the year
- Ray Phillips
Most annoying rider
- M Bullen nominated by P Wilkinson
- P Wilkinson nominated by M Bullen
- M Bullen nominated by everyone else
- A rider on Rockvale Road who may have been D Munday but no one could ever get close enough to his back wheel to tell for sure
- Andrew Kirk
Best dressed rider
- Bruce Buxton (courageous)
- Bill Mara (very stylish but didn’t qualify for the major prize because he only aspired to be better dressed)
- Mitch Bullen and Nick Myhill for those shoes!