Club championships for 2012 will be held on Saturday 2 June, and will follow the usual three race format of time trial, road race and criterium. Sign-on will be from 1pm, with racing starting by 1.30pm (note the earlier than usual start time). The time trial and road race will be held on Dangarsleigh Road, followed by the criterium at the Highway Circuit of the TEC. The event will be run in A, B, C and women’s grades, subject to at least 3 riders entering in each. Grading will be as per the current grades in the handicap list maintained by Col Maciver. Grading will be based on riders’ ability and not on current form.
Race distances will be:
- A grade: 8km ITT, 30km road race, 20min+2 laps crit
- B grade: 8km ITT, 30km road race, 15min + 2 laps crit
- C grade + womens: 5km ITT, 20km road race, 10min + 2 laps crit
C grade and womens races may be combined if fields are small.
Note that ITT distance for A and B grade has been increased for 2012 at the suggestion of a number of riders (you asked for it, now you’ve got it!).
Points will be allocated down to 5th place as follows:
1st = 10points
2nd = 7 points
3rd = 4 points
4th = 2 points
5th = 1 point
The rider scoring the highest number of points over the three rounds will be the winner of their respective grade. In the event of a tie for first place (or runner up), the rider with the fastest time trial will be declared the winner (or runner up).
- The event is run in accordance with the NSW road rules, and road cycle racing rules under the auspices of Cycling NSW. Riders are asked to pay particular attention to road safety, and any breeches of road or racing rules may result in fines or disqualification. A commissaire will be in attendance (Ray Phillips).
- Riders must complete all three races to be eligible.
- Riders may not enter in races if they have not entered or completed previous races i.e., you cannot enter the road race if you have not entered the time trial. This rule is to ensure that ineligible riders do not effect the outcome of the championships.
- Time trial bikes are permitted for the ITT, as is the use of clip on time trial bars, but must be removed for subsequent events.
The race program will be as follows:
- C grade / Womens ITT at 1.30pm with riders leaving in 30 second intervals
- A grade ITT beginning 2 minutes after the last C grade rider (30 second intervals)
- B grade ITT beginning 30 seconds after the last A grade rider (30 second intervals)
- A grade road race following finish of last ITT rider
- B grade road race 2 minutes after start of A grade
- C grade road race 2 minues after start of B grade
- C grade crit
- B grade crit
- A grade crit
The TEC track has been booked by another party, but we have negotiated use for this event from 3pm onwards.
These championships are the most important club event on the calendar, in which we get to recognise our best riders. So come along and race if you are able, and participate in the usual ACC spirit. Good luck to all riders!