With all outdoor club rides & races cancelled until 30th April at the earliest, alternative riding options are available online. As the range of rides & races available is greatest on the Zwift platform, we will be using Zwift to organise informal club racing & rides. For details on how to get setup on Zwift see HERE.
To get started, we will have a club “sanctioned” race each Saturday morning. This will be an existing event as we can’t setup a private race event. The race will vary each week, with the chosen event communicated here and on social media.
This week the sanctioned race is:
8.30AM Watopia Tempus Fugit 37KM Graded Team Handicap
Team Handicap Format
– Each grade rides as a single team – highest placed rider at the finish line in each team determines the team result
– All riders in the Team are allocated the winning/place ROTM points – 10, 8, 6, 4
– 2 minute gap between each Team (grade) except D grade who get a 3 minute start
– Team jerseys mandatory – allocated jerseys are Zwift Basic 1 (D), Zwift Basic 2 (C), Zwift Basic 3 (B), Zwift Basic 4 (A)
– Example finish, if first & 2nd place is C, 3rd A, 4th & 5th D, 6th B; then the team results are 1st-C, 2nd-A, 3rd-D, 4th-B
A: 4.0-5.0 w/kg
B: 3.2-3.9 w/kg
C: 2.5 /kg-3.1 w/kg
D: 1.0- 2.49 w/kg
If unsure on your category it’s generally one below your club racing category (unless you’re Missile Mick Harris in which case you are in A grade here) . Also for those unfamiliar with Zwift be aware that the races are a full-gas start for the first minute or two, after which they settle down, so make sure you’re ready to put the hammer down when the fence drops.
To signup for the race use the Zwift Companion App. Detail on this are HERE.
After each race we will collate the club results from ZwiftPower, and publish them on the club website. We will also be running a club Zwift-competition, with points allocated after each race and a competition table published each week. More details will follow on this very soon.
To make sure we can record you result you MUST:
1. Register for ZwiftPower
2. Put ACC in your Zwift name
We now have an Armidale Cycling Club Discord channel for in-ride voice chat. To participate you just need to:
1. Install the Discord app on your phone
2. Click this discord link https://discord.gg/bhfYfnm
We also have a private Armidale Zwifters WhatsApp group for messaging & racing banter, so if you wish to join just add a comment below or on Facebook and we’ll be in touch.
Beware that ZwiftPower will automatically DQ any ride who is sand-bagging in the wrong category.
See you Saturday!