As part of Bike Week for 2012, Armidale Cycling Club will be holding a Come and Try day on Saturday 22 September, from 12.45 to 2pm.
The event will be held on the Highway Circuit at the Traffic Education Centre at the eastern end of Mann Street. The entrance to the Highway Circuit is via the NSW Fire Service gate (closest gate to the intersection of Mann Street with Castle Doyle Road). On entry please turn left and proceed to the middle of the track where there will be club members to direct you. Cars can be brought onto the track, preferably before 1pm.
Who can attend?
Anyone interested in cycle racing of any age, male or female. We will be running our standard junior program which is highly suitable for beginner races of all ages.
Qualified coaches will be on hand to run the session.
- A helmet is essential
- A bike, road, mountain, bmx or whatever. We have a limited number of club bikes which juniors in particular are welcome to try.
- Drinking water and sunscreen
- Helmet and equipment check
- Introduction to racing and other activities run by Armidale Cycling Club
- Skills and safety
- Ride the track with club members
- One lap individual time trial
- Mark Bullen, Armidale Bicycle Center, 6772 3718
- Andrew Swan, President ACC, 0402 209 990