Welcome back to 2020 racing season. We kick off this Saturday, July 4th at 2:30pm with a 20k TIMETRIAL on Dangarsleigh Road. Col Maciver is our club Race Director and he and I are currently finalising our commissaire qualifications.
CyclingNSW requires our club to have a “COVID19 Safety Coordinator” (myself) and to follow certain protocols.
This will be developed further as we get back into racing, but we are starting with the following:
-do not race or attend the event if you are sick or have been in contact with a known COVID case (or been to Melbourne)
– if possible, download COVIDSafe APP and use during event
practice safe distancing at all times (CyclingNSW recommends “race and leave”)
– if you decide to stay after you finish, please practise Social Distance
– results will be published on website
– hand sanitiser and wipes are provided
– bring all your own equipment and do not share
sign-on and payment
– sign-on sheet has been re-designed so there is no need to physically touch it: riders will be ticked off by Col and/or Wilf
– we have to keep records for minimum of 28 days after each event
– throw $3 into bucket provided – NO CHANGE will be given
– or pay with direct bank transfer as per Wilfs email
– we’ll tick either column on sign-on sheet so rely on honesty system
For this event, please be at the start by 2:15 so we can get process right and have a general BRIEFING at 2:25.
– First rider will leave at 2:30 sharp.
– No holders this time, standing start for all riders.
-TT or road bikes allowed
See you on Saturday – safe racing! Fyi below is official Cycling NSW advice.
CYCLING NSW ADVICE
Armidale Cycling Club COVID19 Safety Co-ordinator: Wilfried Keller
In the event of any Covid19 related queries including reporting any symptons, please contact immediately
04811 178 988
All participants must follow all signage including entry, exit and other sign at event site
Arrival time and start times will be communicated to you. You h\must adhere to these times
Reminder that ‘Get In, Race, Get Out’ approach SHOULD be followed
Follow social distancing rules
Riders should arrive self-sufficient for their race, including wearing race kit and bringing
their own food or drink, tools etc
Hand sanitiser and wipes available – must be used at start&finish of the race
Spectators are welcome, however social distancing must be followed.
We encourage you to download the COVIDSafe App
No person is to attend the event if you have or have had any of the following symptoms in
the last 14 days: FEVER, COUGH, SORE THROAT, SHORTNESS OF BREATH
No person is to attend the event if they have been in contact will anyone that has Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
You name, email and phone number will be kept on file for at least 28 days for contact purposes in case of any Covid-19 related issues. In this event, your details may be provided to health authorities.